Cotswold Farm Garden
Includes soft drinks and nibbles
Cotswold Farm was originally a small stone-built farmhouse dating to the 1720s. In 1900 the house was doubled in size and in 1926 the architect/craftsman Sidney Barnsley (1865-1926), with his assistant Norman Jewson (1884-1975), extended the house for the Birchall family, adding two wings in the Arts & Crafts style. Norman Jewson completed the work after Barnsley’s death and the 3-acre garden is Jewson’s most extensive garden work with the formal terracing and yew hedges a faint echo of his own house at Owlpen Manor. The summer pavilion, pillars and dovecot are all typical of Sidney Barnsley’s work. John Birchall, great-grandson of the original owners, and his wife Sarah moved to Cotswold Farm in 2020 and are carefully and sympathetically taking the house and garden under their wing.
These visits are only avilable to GGLT members